Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Girl Needs a Cupcake

It's Sunday and I feel like confessing. I bought another cookbook recently... number 413 to be exact. How do I know how many cookbooks I have? My husband made me count them one day. It actually took several days to count them.

I can't help it. I'm addicted. How many have I actually cooked from? Maybe 5. How many have I read? 413. I read every book I buy, and not just a quick little flip through. I read them cover to cover. I read the publishing data page. I read the acknowledgments. Being a food professional, and a cookbook author, it's funny how many people I actually know when I read the acknowledgments.

My latest purchase is A Baker's Field Guide to Cupcakes by Dede Wilson. It's my fourth cupcake book, not to mention all the other baking books I have that contain cupcakes. I also have cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans, Cupcakes Galore by Gail Wagman, and The Artful Cupcake by Marcianne Miller.

How many cupcakes have I ever made? Zero... But I'm going to, someday. Or maybe instead I'll just mosey down into town and buy a cupcake at our new Sprinkles Cupcakes store.

No comments: