Monday, August 4, 2008

Where Is She?

I did not fall of the face of the earth, contrary to my lack of blog posts. I just happened to have bit off more than I can chew – or juggle – at the moment. I spent 26 hours this weekend racking my not-so-pretty little brain for a food trends study. And before that, I crammed in a few restaurant reviews for PHOENIX Magazine and The Arizona Republic. And before that, I researched and wrote a huge coffee story for the fall edition of Edible Phoenix. And before that…. You get the idea.

So, I’ve not forgotten about all you faithful readers (all two of you?) and I hope to get back on track here shortly. In the meantime, how about a quick little recipe for Lemon Carrots? Doesn’t that sound refreshing and healthy? I could use a little dose of healthy – I’m back on the review trail in a few minutes.

Lemon Carrots

2 cups baby carrots

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar

2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

3 tablespoons butter

Salt and pepper to taste

Boil carrots in water salted with 1/2 teaspoon of salt until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a saucepan, combine sugar, lemon juice and butter. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in carrots and cook until heated through about another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 4. (Recipe from The Great Ranch Cookbook, by me.)

No comments: