Monday, August 25, 2008

Marketing Class

The Phoenician resort in Scottsdale, AZ, is the epitome of class. Recently, I attended an event at Windows on the Green, the southwestern restaurant at the resort. I left my Tahoe with the valet and trotted upstairs to my event.

An hour later, I returned to retrieve my truck, and as I was driving away, I noticed a cream colored folded tent card on my dash. Here’s what it said:

“Thanks for joining us today! On behalf of Windows on the Green, we would like you to join us for dinner. Please bring this note, and we will treat you to either a Chef’s choice appetizer or dessert.”

The card was signed by the manager and the sommelier. Not only is it a classy touch, it’s really smart marketing on their part. The offer is valid through the end of 2008, so I’ve left it in my dash, and sooner or later, I’ll take them up on it.

No comments: