Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Don't eat this at home...

Sometimes you want to root for the home girl.

Last weekend, we went to the Phoenix farmers market (the one downtown). I'd heard that Chef John Sharpe from La Posada in Winslow, AZ (yes, same town as the Eagles crooned something about standing on a corner) was going to be at the market with his new cookbook.

Dang, he had strep throat and couldn't make it.

So we meandered the market anyway. The Tamale Store had printed a huge new banner that had the cover of the March PHOENIX Magazine, and my article about their utterly delicious tamales on full display at their booth. Yeah!, but I'm getting off track here.

Back to rooting for the home girl...I found the coolest candles from Skinny Girl Desserts. Cupcakes, tarts, quick breads...all in candle form (hence the skinny part)... I bought the berry blast (pictured above).

Of course, I'll never get to burn it unless Jeff is out of town (he's not a fan of scented candles, and this one is SO scented...might not ever have to buy air freshener again). Still, I thought the idea was so cute and clever. When I got home, I realized I didn't pick up her business card, or any other information about her. I can't find anything about her on Google either.

I guess I'll have to go back to the market this weekend. And, it's a great weekend to go the market because they're going to make a big announcement as part of their 4th anniversary celebration. Think it has something to do with their new indoor market space. Go to the market this Saturday, and if you can't make it, check back here. I'll post about it.


No comments: