Friday, December 19, 2008

Fashion Statement?

Whoever took this picture needs to take a class on self-portraits. I'm only sharing this awful picture of me because it relates to the coolest and most effective kitchen toy I've found in years... and I did find this a couple years ago, but now Onion Goggles are all the rage.

I snapped this picture for my younger brother. We were separated by a 1,000 miles, each in our own respective kitchen, making cornbread dressing for the holidays. It takes A LOT of chopped onions to make our Mom's dressing, and I had just purchased this snazzy eye ware. He didn't believe me so I emailed him a picture.

He, of course, just threw his onions in the food processor to avoid shedding tears, but I like to use my knife and can't stand all the onion-eye crying -- so I was giddy with joy to have my new glasses and show them off. You can get a pair, too, at most kitchen stores. I just saw an ad for them on Chef Tools website (www.cheftools.com)...and now they even come in pink or white in addition to green.

I took them to the cooking classes I taught last week, and everyone exclaimed outrageous envy over my 2008 fashion statement of the year --after they stopped laughing, which produced a few tears, but not from me. My eyes were dry, thanks to the too-cool onion goggles.

No comments: