Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Take it off...

Is wearing a ball cap in a nice restaurant still taboo? Or am I just old-fashioned?

Last evening, we're seated in a high-end restaurant, but one that doesn't necessarily require you to dress up. You'd feel comfortable in jeans and a nice sweater. The restaurant is in a resort town, and casual dress is the norm.

The white cloth tables are set with wine glasses and heavy silverware.The menu is gourmet (entrees range from $20 to $40).

In walks a young, late twenties/early thirties couple, and the guy is sporting a red ball cap. I notice that he doesn't remove it. I shouldn't look at him but he is in my direct line of sight.

So I'm asking: is that becoming the norm among the next generation? Or did his mama just not teach him any manners?

No comments: